Vision & Mission
Our vision is a world where all people attain optimal iodine nutrition and children can reach their full cognitive potential.
Our mission is to be the authoritative voice for iodine nutrition. We support and catalyze global and national iodine programs, working with key public, private, scientific and civic stakeholders. We focus on universal salt iodization as the most cost-effective and sustainable solution for prevention of iodine deficiency disorders.
- To support the harmonization of national and international iodine program delivery through alignment of approaches, partnerships and resources
- To advocate for political will and increased attention and resources for iodine programs in the context of the broader global nutrition landscape
- To identify and help address challenges to iodine programs and thereby accelerate progress towards sustained IDD elimination
- To support and strengthen national programs and fortification coalitions through consistent programmatic guidance and enhanced communication to, from and among national programs
- To identify and address scientific questions and influence the research agenda in order to increase the effectiveness of iodine programs